Friday, August 29, 2008

re: Obama's speech

Great reviews of Obama's speech

MSNBC Pat Buchanan – “It was a genuinely outstanding speech. It was magnificent. It is the finest – and I saw Cuomo’s speech, I saw Kennedy in ‘80, I even saw Douglas MacArthur, I saw Martin Luther King – this is the greatest convention speech, and probably the most important because unlike Cuomo and the others this is an acceptance speech. This came out of the heart of America and he went right at the heart of America…”

FOX Bill Kristol – “Barack Obama faced very high expectations tonight and honestly I think he met them and I honestly think he exceeded them…He eloquently explained America’s promise. He explained why the Bush Cheney administration had fallen short of that…I thought it was an awfully impressive performance.

CNN David Gergen – “In many ways it was less a speech than a symphony…It was a masterpiece”

MSNBC Tom Brokaw – “It was a wonderfully crafted political speech and the Republicans I’m sure were looking in and wondering what they’re going to be able to do next week to match it”

CNN Paul Begala – “He went fearlessly at John McCain’s greatest strength, national
security. He went proudly into the social issue terrain that Democrats are usually so afraid of. He went boldly attacking the status quo of George Bush, Dick Cheney and John McCain, and then he went very comfortably in your living room…This is my ninth convention, it was as very nearly a perfect convention speech as I can imagine…”

MSNBC Chris Matthews – “I thought it was amazing – I’ve written speeches all my life, of course nothing like this…It was a great way of throwing back the other side’s best shot and saying it’s full of crap”

CNN Campbell Brown – “If anybody ever thought that Barack Obama was not tough enough to run against John McCain this speech should really put an end to that…”

FOX Chris Wallace – “I thought it was an exceedingly smart speech in which Barack Obama played offense and defense very effectively.”

CNN – Sen. Clinton delegates on Obama’s speech:Jessica Yellin: “I have three people who as you say have been following this for a long time. Two of these women are Hillary Clinton supporters and I wanted to ask you first…

Woman: “Were.”

Yellin: “Were Hillary Clinton supporters. What turned you tonight?

Woman: “His speech, and I like her enjoyed it all but the end is what got me. You know, it’s a dream and it’s going to come true we gotta’ work for it. That’s what I got out of it.”


(Americablog)