Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Reid continues to tell it like it is

Reid: Bush in “state of denial.” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) today: “[T]he President on Friday used the word ‘progress’ no fewer than ten times when he gave his Iraq update. He said that while there were still horrific attacks in Baghdad - and I quote - ‘The direction of the fight is beginning to shift.’ In describing his escalation of American troops - what he calls a surge - he said, ’so far the operation is meeting expectations.’ The White House transcript says the President made those remarks in the State of Michigan. I believe he made them in the state of denial.”

(Think Progress)
---
Reid defends Iraq, ‘liar’ statements.
In a CNN interview today, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) defended calling the war in Iraq “lost.”

Reid also defended some of his other controversial past statements:

“I do what I think is right, and I think this war is headed in the wrong direction,” Reid said. “And I’m going to speak out as often and as regularly as I can.”

Reid has been an outspoken critic of the president, calling him a loser and a liar in the past.

“I don’t back off that at all,” he said. “So if you say something that is untrue to me and in the right circumstances, I will call you a liar. I have no regret having called him a liar, because he lied.”

(Think Progress)