Friday, June 16, 2006

kinda torn on this one

Columbine monument construction to begin
---
OK, obviously these kids were disturbed and went way, way too far (to put it mildly), and I've heard some terrible accusations concerning some of their interests, but I also still wonder if this would have happened if bullying wasn't still condoned in school.
I would never have done anything myself, but I'm certain that I fantasized about harm coming to some of the many, many scumbags that occupied my small-town school.
I can only imagine what I could have done if I was a little less pacifistic and had access to firearms.
I'm certainly not saying that the victims don't deserve a memorial, but I would hope that people can remember that a little tolerance will go a long way in avoiding this situations, as well.