Monday, March 29, 2010

a slight difference

I've been trying to post today's strip and blogger won't let me do this for some reason, so you'll have to take my word for it, but...

After seeing this Doonesbury strip this morning (3-29-10) and this post at First Draft showing CSN&Y doing their song "Ohio", I realized that there is a major difference between today's "Tea-Baggers" and the hippies/yippies/what-have-you from the 60's and early 70's - today the government is not murdering the protesters in the streets. And, of course, I'm not talking about the mythical "pull-the-plug-on-grandma" nonsense, but actual armed military shooting down peaceful protesters in cold blood.

These days the threats of violence are all from the crazed right-wing nut-case protesters, not from the government, who seems to have learned their lessons. The armed, violent crazies are the tea-baggers, not the security.