Tuesday, August 26, 2008

McCain's 911: POWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOW...

Wallace Defends McCain’s POW Dodge On Houses Gaffe: ‘It’s Not A Talking Point, It’s A Fact’

On the Tonight Show last night, host Jay Leno asked Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) about his inability to say how many houses he owns. Before giving an answer, McCain turned to an unrelated subject, his years as a prisoner of war:

LENO: For $1 million, how many houses do you own?

MCCAIN: You know, could I just mention to you Jay, in a moment of seriousness, I spent five and a half years in a prison cell. I didn’t have house. I didn’t have a kitchen table. I didn’t have a table. I didn’t have a chair. And I spent those five and a half years because — not because I wanted to get a house when I got out. … I’m proud of my record of service to this country, and it has nothing to do with houses. It has to do with putting Americans in houses and keeping them in their homes.


(Think Progress)
---
Talk about a non-sequitor!
More from Crooks and Liars, including the video:
Tonight Show: McCain plays POW card again