Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Novak accused of hit and run

Novak-ula accused of hit and run against pedestrian

Wow.
A concierge at 1700 K Street said that she saw a bicyclist yelling and walked outside to see what the commotion was about. "This guy hit somebody and he won't stop so I'm going to stay here until the police come," Aleta Petty quoted the unnamed bicyclist as saying, as he stood in K Street, blocking traffic. A source who saw Novak put in the police car and saw the pedestrian on the ground, motionless, said other witnesses said the biker jumped on Novak's car to stop him.

(Americablog)
And some quotes that are sure to come back and haunt him:

Novak explained to the paper: "He was crossing on the red light. I really hate jaywalkers. I despise them. Since I don't run the country, all I can do is yell at 'em. The other option is to run 'em over, but as a compassionate conservative, I would never do that."

Two years later, the same column reported that Novak had gone to a racing school in Florida.

"I've wanted to be a race car driver all my life, and anyone who has watched me drive can tell you that,” Novak said.


(Politico)