Saturday, October 06, 2007

Obama making sense

Obama is spot on
People need to quit hiding behind the pin with false patriotism.
Noting the TV interview, he told the campaign crowd, "I said, you know what, I probably haven't worn a flag pin in a very long time. After a while I noticed people wearing a lapel pin and not acting very patriotic."

"My attitude is that I'm less concerned about what you're wearing on your lapel than what's in your heart. You show your patriotism by how you treat your fellow Americans, especially those who serve. You show your patriotism by being true to our values and ideals. That's what we have to lead with is our values and our ideals."

(Americablog)
---
I know that some morons are trying to make a big deal about this, but how pathetic is it that this is all they can use as ammunition?
I've never been overly patriotic - i love my country, but i have rarely agreed fully with its politics - but i have refused to wear or display anything flag related wince 2001 due to the blind patriotism and the bigoted mind-set behind most of the people who would do so.

Obama is simply talking the truth and making sense. How anyone can try to turn this against him is pretty sickening...