Wednesday, September 26, 2007

can't keep the family in line

Jenna distances herself from dad’s abstinence-only policy.

Asked if her new book’s advocacy of condoms and sex-ed contradicts the Bush administration’s abstinence-only policies, First Daughter Jenna Bush told ABC’s Diane Sawyer she refuses to endorse the views espoused by her father’s administration:

No, I mean, not at all, first, because I’m not part of the administration. You know, I’m just my father’s daughter. … I think that when we’re talking about keeping kids safe, and we’re talking about Ana and other kids that are living with HIV or other STDs … kids need to have education; they need to be educated in order to make the right decision for themselves.

In July, First Lady Laura Bush also rebuked her husband’s abstinence-only policies.


(Think Progress)
---
Sounds like someone can't keep his wimmin in line!