Wednesday, August 29, 2007

his excuses are getting more and more creative

Craig: It’s the Idaho paper’s fault that I pleaded guilty.

Repeatedly claiming “I am not gay,” Sen. Larry Craig (R-ID) blamed the media for his guilty plea of disorderly conduct. I have been “relentlessly and viciously harassed by the Idaho Statesman,” Craig complained. “The Statesman has engaged in this witchhunt. In pleading guilty, I overreacted in Minneapolis because of the stress the Idaho Statesman investigation and the rumors it has fueled all around Idaho.”

(Think Progress)
---
I can't really imagine how I would react if I was wrongly put into this kind of situation, but I certainly don't think that the first thing I would do was to say I was guilty! Especially as a public figure! I think that I would repeatedly say "what are you talking about? I wasn't doing that!"

But then, I'm not a hypocritical homophobe...

And, in typical FoxTV fashion:
FOXNews Isn’t Sure What Party Senator Larry Craig Belongs To
(Crooks and Liars)