Friday, July 27, 2007

not everything is a racial issue

Yahoo Sports is trying to make this disgusting Michael Vick dog fighting case a racial issue.

I agree that Vick is entitled to a fair trial, though circumstantial evidence is certainly heavily against him. I guess that it's possible that he didn't know what was going on at his property (for some time), but it doesn't seem likely. But, "not likely" does not equal "definitely", so on trial he goes!

But, I would feel the same if this were a white person. Hell, I didn't even know who this person was until he was arrested. But I was revolted just the same.

Sure, some extremists will make this a racial issue, but it isn't one in any sane sense of the concept. And the fact that this writer is trying to make it one is almost as revolting as the dog fighting.