Friday, March 24, 2006

good for them!

The Dixie Chicks are back. And they're pissed.

GREAT new song. You can hear it for free on their home page, just turn up your speakers, it plays automatically - lyrics are there too.

It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her

Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger

And how in the world can the words that I said

Send somebody so over the edge

That they’d write me a letter

Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing

Or my life will be over

I’m not ready to make nice

I’m not ready to back down

I’m still mad as hell and

I don’t have time to go round and round and round

It’s too late to make it right

I probably wouldn’t if I could

‘Cause I’m mad as hell

Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should.


(Americablog)
---
I still won't listen to their music (just not my style), but this gives me even more respect for them. Glad that not all new country artists are political idiots.