Monday, April 18, 2005

spreading bigotry, ignorance and stupidity via t-shirts!

Guess that has always been going on, but now its in the name of the lord!
Slogans on Edgy Religious T-Shirts Gain Notice, Sales

LAWRENCE, Kansas (April 17) - Walk into Lori Devins' downtown shop and it's clear this isn't a typical Christian retail store. First of all, Extreme Christian Clothing features T-shirts. Then, there are the shirts' in-your-face messages.

Along with ones saying "Got Jesus?" and "Fear God" are shirts declaring, "Satan Sucks," "My God can kick your god's butt," and "To Hell with the Devil."

"Our shirts are a little extreme, but I think God is spreading the word and having the youngsters shout out their faith," Devins said. "I think teenagers want to evoke a response."
---
But extreme clothing has appeal, said Abe Hernandez, a founder of a chain of five C28 stores in southern California and a line of wholesale clothing that includes T-shirts sporting "King Kong Wasn't My Grandpa."
---
"If I wear it, I'm not only saying that I'm a religious believer but that I'm also a cool and clever religious believer," Cobb said. "Being cool and clever is what young people want to do."


---
Whew! So, they think that being close-minded to science and offensive to people with other beliefs is "cool and clever"!??! It is so frightening that we are devolving so quickly.