Saturday, September 11, 2004

It's the end of the world as we know it...and i'm scared to death!

I don’t even know how to start this….I have never been so terrified for my country in my life.

I’m no youngster (tho I like to think I am!) – I’ve lived through the Cuban missile crisis, the cold war, the Vietnam war, riots for innumerable reasons, Nixon, Reagon, Desert Storm, Sept 11, etc etc etc. I honestly believe that the biggest threat and danger ever to the USA is George W. Bush and his cabinet.

This man has managed to take a country that had an enormous surplus, had allies all over the world, had a strong economy, was making positive headways into equal rights for everyone, education, environment, etc etc etc and turned it into a scared, fragile country that is feared and hated all over the world.

I have actually traveled overseas before and after Bush took office and he declared war on a country that did nothing to us, and I can vouch first hand for the differences in attitudes towards Americans.

We desperately need a change – we need someone who will bring a positive attitude to the White House, not someone whose entire presidency is based on hatred and fear. When I see the American people responding to out-and-out lies over & over I feel that I have to do SOMETHING.

I don’t know what I can do to really make a change, other than try to make information available to more people. I cannot understand how anyone who sees the facts can possibly want the country to continue on the course that it is on, so I can only hope that the followers just have not seen the facts.

The more I learn about John Kerry, the more I believe that he is a politician that is trying to make a difference. Looking at his record, he is extremely consistent (certainly not a flip-flopper! Don’t you hate that tired, over-used, untrue cliche?) and has always worked for the same issues that he is talking about in his campaign – security, the economy, equal rights, environment, etc etc. Unlike Mr. Bush, who has not fulfilled his 2000 campaign promises and we have no reason to believe that he will start now!

I will be listing facts that I have found and have collaborated by more than one source. There are so many great sites out there that are talking about this, as well, and I will list as many as I find!

I freely admit that I am not particularly original and that I probably won't say anything that hasn't been said many time, but we need to distribute as much true information as possible. Please research what is happening around us and unless you & your loved ones are happy with the way this country has changed over the last 4 years, please help us make a change!